Do you have a passion to help a non-profit that works with children aged 3 to 15? Able to give a few hours on a Saturday with a friend to welcome guests and children to a magical day at CityKidz? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a member of the Welcome Team, you will be the first point of contact for families or volunteers to enter in the CityKidz theatre.
- To greet and register children as they come in to CityKidz program.
- Ensure the safety and supervision of any children who have walked-in.
- Relay information to the appropriate staff member.
- Set up registration table in foyer prior to session starting and before dismissal remove table from foyer.
- Supervise foyer and entrance of CityKidz to ensure any adult or youth is greeted and does not enter the theatre unless granted permission and properly identified.
- Competent and able to take initiative.
- Be caring and loving toward children always ensuring their safety as well as being a friend.
- Customer service skills, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast- paced environment.
- Welcoming as people walk through the door.
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation.
- Personal interview.
- Reference check.
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training.
Time Commitment: Minimum four (4) month commitment is required, for at least one time a month but preferably every Saturday from March to June and from September to December, half or full days.
Be a part of making a difference in the lives of our CityKidz children and their parents and guests. You will be able to give back to the community and gain greater leadership experience.