The Teen Review Board is a virtual volunteers opportunity where teens (between the ages of 14-18) can submit thoughtful reviews of books, movies, games or graphic novels to promote the Hamilton Public Library's collection to other teens.
Volunteers with this program read, watch or listen to items in the library's collection and then submit an meaningful, well-written and concise online review (100-200 words).
While the Review Board is virtual, volunteers with this program are also invited to attend the Teen Advisory Group (TAG) meetings and share with the group what they are reviewing or get ideas from other members of TAG.
- Promote reading by offering constructive online peer reviews
- Encourage new library users by creating awareness of the library's collection including graphic novels, movies and games
- Have your opinion and voice heard in the library
- Have your written work published in an online format via the library's catalogue
- An opportunity to improve your writing skills
- Earn community volunteer hours (1 hour per review)