- Meet therapeutic recreationist to help collect all supplies and equipment.
- Collect cart from food services.
- Will perform the following duties: set-up program area by setting up table and chairs, put on tablecloths, assemble cup and saucers, creamers and sugars and help to arrange table centre pieces if they are available.
- Gather residents to program area (one wheelchair and two ambulatory maximum).
- Assist in music, sing song, dancing or other social activity prior to serving food.
- Serve tea/coffee and refreshments.
- Comply with all dietary safety precautions and be aware of special needs or restrictions regarding specific residents.
- Actively participate in promoting social climate.
- Observe and evaluate changes and reactions of residents and report same to therapeutic recreationist.
- Ensure that all equipment is locked or carts are returned.
- Discuss any problems or occurrences with therapeutic recreationist.
- If needed, volunteer may conduct program without recreation staff (only when specified) and volunteer is comfortable with it).
- Will be registered with the Villa volunteer services.
- Will wear ID badge and apron while on duty.
Dates and Times
Twice each month for a minimum of 2 hours as scheduled by Therapeutic Recreationist.