Do you have a passion leading games, songs and skits for children aged 6 to 11? Looking to expand your skills, gain valuable experience, and impact the future of a child? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a CityKidz stage team member you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you encourage big dreams for children aged 6-11. This role is key to giving children memorable experiences and valuable lessons to help them thrive in the face of adversity.
- To attend CityKidz Saturdays either weekly or biweekly.
- To attend Program Team rehearsals on Tuesday nights.
- To bring excitement and professionalism in either drama, song, or technically by running sound and lights.
- To capture the attention of children attending the Saturday show and instill a positive message in their lives.
- Passion for children ages 6-11.
- Experience leading songs and games for children.
- Highly motivating leader.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Previous stage/technical experience is an asset.
- Must have an understanding of our organizational values and assist in teaching our children that God loves them and has a plan for their life, that we as leaders in their lives care about them and love them, to have fun being a kid, and to always do what’s right.
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation.
- Personal interview.
- Reference check.
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training.
Time Commitment: Minimum 1 year commitment is required, every or every other Saturday from March to June and from September to December. Full day Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or half days (mornings from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Rehearsal on Tuesday nights.
Working Conditions: Kinder Buddies work in the CityKidz studio at 177 Sherman Avenue. You must have ability to move around in the theatre.
- You will be able to give back to the community, having a positive impact in the lives of many children, youth and adults.
- You will also develop greater leadership skills and involvement.
- Gain countless leadership experiences.
- Develop your gifts in drama, song or technology through sound and lights.