Social Media Coordinators manage the social media pages, including facebook, twitter, and youtube. You’ll spend your days filming videos, running Instagram campaigns, creating high-quality, engaging content, and connecting with students on Snapchat. You’ll then bring those interactions into the real world, leading you to discover and connect with students, alumni and parents in a whole new way!
- You’re a social media guru with strong copy, design or photography skills and can increase awareness and engage with an audience.
- You’re a relationship builder who can work well with different types of people.
- You excel at crafting communications - able to write in a way that is compelling to myriad audiences through a broad spectrum of media.
- You’re a risk taker who thrives on solving problems with an entrepreneurial spirit and not being afraid of trying something new.
- You have volunteer experience or an educational focus in Communication, Social Media (minimum instagram, snapchat, Twitter), PR, Marketing or a related field.
- While resilient, you have a positive outlook on life. Since you’ll be working with high school and university students, you need to be able to laugh your way through stressful situations.
- You’re passionate and excited about spoken word, education, youth empowerment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Able to work, collaborate, and communicate with a remote team.
- Able to commit for at least 1 year.
About Hamilton Youth Poets
Now in our third year, Hamilton Youth Poets (home of Louder Than A Bomb Canada) creates a culture that transforms the lives of young people and their communities by bringing together participants through writing, publication, and performance education for civic discourse, mental health and community celebration. HYP's programs are all in service of the four primary goals of the organization, which reflect a commitment to helping young people to develop as civically engaged artists. These goals guide program development and inform benchmarks by which HYPS evaluates its working performance:
- Galvanize civically-engaged and culturally-literate citizens.
- Deliver tools for young people to craft and share stories.
- Invigorate educational spaces.
- Create pathways for emerging artists.
We believe in putting the art, culture and tools of the telling of stories into the hands of young citizens. We are a group of fun and ambitious individuals and we’re looking for new volunteers to join the team.
Dates and Times
As soon as possible-available by May 20 for Louder Than a Bomb festival