On Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., the public will have a unique and free opportunity to interact with researchers and artists at Hamilton’s fourth annual Researchers’ Night Hamilton at the McMaster Innovation Park. This year's theme is "Soil and culture."
Though surrounded by science and innovation, we rarely have the occasion to meet the scientists and researchers behind the technologies and knowledge that shape our current and future lives.
The Researchers’ Night Hamilton is based on a concept very popular in France that has now spread across Europe.
Presented in partnership with the French Embassy, the evening will include talks from visiting French researchers (invited for the occasion), academics from McMaster University, community group representatives and artists.
Presenters will engage the public with hands-on workshops, activities, and open discussions. It is a sort of "Nuit Blanche" to discover the researchers.
This year, “Soil and culture,” will explore and observe fascinating projects happening here in Hamilton and in France including the wonderful microscopic life of soil, the amazing resistance to stress of plants, the archeology of crops, live worm composting, and more!
We are looking for 3 or 4 people for the following position:
1. Installation: we are looking for one or two persons that are interested in Art and Science installations to help build the staging for the event and also assist for the set up and take down (right after the event). You must be able to lift weights up to 10 kilograms or 25 pounds and have some experience with handcrafting/Do-It-Yourself such as painting, drilling, cutting, etc. Set up and Take down will happen mostly on Friday, October 20 and Saturday, October 21 after 5:00 p.m.
Time required are between 4 and 5 hours during the week of October 21, schedule is very flexible. If interested, please contact Florence at firstname.lastname@example.org. Free home made French crepes will be provided to the workers. :)
2. Reception and Orientation: We are looking for a couple of persons who are willing to help with welcoming the attendees and helping orienting them during the event. Time required: you will be asked to help on Saturday, October 21, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and to attend a short training session (30 minutes) at the McMaster Innovation Park on Friday, October 20 in the afternoon, anytime between 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. English/French bilingual volunteers are very welcome!!
If interested please contact Florence at email@example.com. Free French pastries will be provided on Saturday evening. :)
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Location: McMaster Innovation Park at 175 Longwood Road South, Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1
Admission and Parking: Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Florence I. Roullet, PhD. Director of Researchers’ Night Hamilton.
Cellphone: 289- 880-8181
- Gain experience in a unique scientific outreach program unique.
- Meet amazing researchers and community partners.
- Work in a fun and friendly environment.
- Eat some free good food. :)
Dates and Times
Role 2: Reception. Time required: you will be asked to help on Saturday, October 21, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and to attend a short training session (30 minutes) at the McMaster Innovation Park on Friday, October 20 in the afternoon, anytime between 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.