- A programme Interpreter will assist teaching a group of 10 or fewer people.
- Facilitators can sign up to teach for a 2-hour time frame on as many days a week as they would like.
- The programs usually run in the morning and afternoon, Monday to Friday with some Saturdays.
- The volunteer will teach the content for the Festivals of Light programme. (The volunteer will be educated on the celebrations Kwanzaa, Diwali and Lunar New Year.)
- The facilitator also will help teach a craft related to each of the celebrations.
- Gain valuable teaching and public speaking experience
- Learn about different cultures in Canada and the world
- Experience working with kids with various abilities and backgrounds
- Learn time management
- Learn to work with a team of volunteers like them
Dates and Times
November 1, 2017 to January 30, 2018: Monday to Friday, mornings from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and afternoons from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., with some evenings or weekends.