- A programme Interpreter will assist teaching a group of 10 or less.
- Facilitators can sign up to teach for a 2 hour time frame. As many days a week they would like.
- The programs usually run in the morning and afternoon, Monday to Friday with some Saturdays.
- The volunteer is responsible for delivering the content for Celebrate 150! programme. We will education the volunteer to teach celebrations: Fashion through the ages, Food, and Fun/Entertainment. It's helpful to feel comfortable knowing more than one topic. The volunteer can shadow a group the first time.
- The facilitator also will help teach a craft related to each topic
- Gain valuable teaching/ public speaking experience
- Learn about Canada's diverse heritage and history.
- Experience working with kids with various abilities/backgrounds
- Ability to practice time management
Volunteers will be able to help them selves to assortment of warm beverages while at our centre.
Volunteers also will be given a bus ticket for after they have volunteered if they need to bus.
Dates and Times
Monday to Friday, mornings from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and afternoons from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Also some evenings or weekends.)