Purpose: To mentor, guide and befriend newcomer youth
The volunteers role in this program will be to empower newcomer youth in our community to make positive life choices and enable them to maximize their potential. Volunteers will be matched with a newcomer youth, where they will be supporting, guiding and being a friend to a young person for a committed period of time.
Volunteers can expect to participate in tasks such as:
- Support your mentee through an ongoing, on-on-one relationship
- Engage and encourage participants to practice conversational English
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Help newcomer youth discover resources and opportunities available to them in their community
- Build mentees self-esteem, motivation and ambition
- Help set tangible goals and work together towards accomplishing them
- Learn about clients cultures and lifestyles
- Satisfaction in helping youth mature, progress and achieve goals
- Personal ongoing support, supervision to help match succeed
Dates and Times
The location is dependent on the mentor and mentee.