Do you have a passion to work in an organization that impacts children aged 3 to 16? Looking to expand your skills, gain valuable experience, and impact the future of Hamilton? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As an office administrator you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you complete various office tasks that could range from answering calls, photocopying, data entry and completing reports. This role is key to ensure departments are organized and maintained for the best results.
Primary Responsibilities (dependent on the task):
- Answering phones.
- Data Entry.
- Filing paperwork.
- Outgoing phone calls.
- Reference Checks.
- Assist with other miscellaneous task as they come up.
Qualifications (dependent on the task):
- Competent and ability to take initiative.
- Attention to details and precision.
- Proficiency on the computer, have good typing skills and be familiar with data entry.
- Experience in answering phone calls and directing to the appropriate department.
- Experience with Microsoft Office an asset.
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation.
- Personal interview.
- Reference check.
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training.
Time Commitment: Flexible depending on availability and the task. Shifts are available Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Working Conditions: At the City Kidz Office at 601 Burlington St. Indoors. At a desk or table, occasionally on your feet or lifting of up to 20 kilograms or 40 pounds.
- Opportunity to be a part of making a difference in so many children’s live and give back to the community.
- Opportunity to gain experience in the office environment and build resume.