PURPOSE: To assist newcomer clients with attending various medical appointments and or necessary errands such as food shopping. This volunteer position makes these crucial trips possible.
Volunteers will meet newcomer clients at their front doors and accompany them to their appointment or errand, and then accompany them back to their home.
Volunteers can expect to participate in tasks such as:
- Keep client’s personal information confidential and act in a non-judgemental, respectful manner.
- Helping client to board public transportation and offload after activities
- Helping clients navigate Hamilton's public transportation system
- Helping clients with physical strains such as carrying/pushing grocery carts/heavy items.
- Practicing English conversation with newcomer clients
- Building new relationships
- Helping to facilitate newcomers resettlement to Hamilton
Dates and Times
The location is dependent on the client and volunteer.