Do you have a passion to work with children aged 3 to 5? Looking to expand your skills, gain valuable experience, and impact the future of Hamilton? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a Kinder Buddy you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you encourage big dreams for children aged 3 to 5. This role is key to ensuring enough support for the kids to have the best experience on a Saturday, and maintaining safety in the theatre.
- To help care for and supervise the KinderKidz children in the theatre.
- To commit to helping on Saturdays either the morning slot from 9:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. or afternoon slot from 1:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Oversee the arrival of KinderKidz Children, ensuring they are following the CityKidz rules and giving direction as to where to sit.
- To give give assistance to KinderKidz leaders if necessary, work with children who require extra attention.
- Help KinderKidz with getting on and off buses.
- Oversee the dismissal of KinderKidz routes at the end of the session.
- Assist with KinderKidz going to the bathroom.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A passion for young children (ages 3 to 5) to overcome barriers in their life and to dream big dreams.
- Previous experience is an asset.
- Responsible and a good role model.
- Excitement for singing and dancing with the kids to encourage participation.
- Understanding of our organizational values, and teach our children that God loves them, to have fun being a kid, and to always do what is right.
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Personal interview
- Reference check
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training
Time Commitment: Minimum one-year commitment is required, every or every other Saturday from March to June and from September to December.
Working Conditions: Kinder Buddies work in the KinderKidz studio at 601 Burlington Street East. You must have ability to move around in the theatre.
As a Kinder Buddy, you will play an important part in making a difference in so many children’s lives. You will be able to give back to the community and build relationships that will last a lifetime. You will also develop greater leadership abilities and gain skills and experience.