INKspire is a non-profit organization that strives to empower youth voices by providing a curated web platform where young people can share their ideas and perspectives on various relevant and contemporary issues across Canada and around the world.
INKspire is looking for passionate, well-informed youth editors (ages 14 to 29) to work together with our editorial team and lead editor in moderating and editing submissions to our site.
- Work with our editorial team and lead editor to provide revisions and feedback to INKspire submissions
- Edit INKspire writers’ articles and incoming content from our users and community partners
- Time commitment: 6 hours/week
- Strong passion and solid understanding of online media, journalism, publishing industries and current global affairs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of INKspire’s content
- Knows what makes a story worth publishing
- Able to inspire and educate others through the use of written articles and other mediums
- Grammar proficiency, strong attention to detail, able to identify content that may need to be checked for accuracy
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit inkspire.org/get-involved/ and complete the Editor Application Form.
References provided upon request.