- Report to program area and locate Therapeutic Recreationist in charge.
- Assist with set-up of tablecloths, dishes, and decorations as directed.
- Porter residents from assigned areas as directed by staff (one wheelchair and two ambulatory maximum at one time).
- Support and assist residents to seats upon arrival to the program area.
- As directed, assist in preparation of refreshments during entertainment portion of the program: i.e. pouring of drinks, traying cookies, etc.
- As directed, serve refreshments following the program (ask staff for resident dietary restrictions).
- Report any incidents of choking, wandering or unusual behaviour to Therapeutic Recreationist in charge.
- Return residents to floor areas as directed following program.
- Assist with clean-up after all of the residents have left the area.
- Return refreshment cart to food services.
- Wear ID badge while on duty.
Dates and Times
Variable. When Special Events are scheduled. Therapeutic Recreationist will call to notify of upcoming events.