Ronald McDonald House Charities South Central Ontario provides a home away from home for families of children who are seriously ill and being treated at nearby hospitals.
House Refresher volunteers work alongside our staff to prepare guest rooms for families arriving to stay at the House. Duties include dusting, sweeping or vacuuming the guest room, making beds, preparing toiletry baskets, as well as assisting with House laundry (bedding and towels). Other tasks may include cleaning windows, sorting toys in the playroom, organizing cupboards and shelves in our Family Kitchen, tidying the living rooms, and replenishing supplies and products needed by our families in cupboards throughout the House.
Note: volunteers are not expected to clean bathrooms
This is a fun, flexible role offering interaction with staff, other volunteers and families.
- To help others
- To learn new skills & meet new people
- To build self-confidence & interpersonal skills
- Letters of reference to prospective employers
Dates and Times
* Volunteers may come any day of the week, for any number of hours, between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm.
* Volunteers are asked to contribute 4 to 8 hours each month.