Do you have a passion to work with children aged 3 to 16? Looking to expand your skills, gain valuable experience, and impact a child’s future? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a Home Visit volunteer you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you encourage big dreams for children aged 3 to 16. This role is key to building relationships with children and their families and to provide information of the Saturday program or other initiatives for CityKidz.
- Assist the Captain of your assigned Route with the weekly Home Visits.
- Connect and build relationships with the children on your route.
- Follow the CityKidz Policies and Procedures regarding Home Visits.
- Assist, through words and actions, in teaching out children the messages presented at CityKidz.
- A passion for children to overcome barriers in their life and to dream big dreams.
- Must be responsible and a good role model.
- Must have an understanding of our organization values.
- Able to follow all City Kidz policies and procedures.
- Physically able to walk a specific geological area (for 1 1/2 – 3 hours).
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation.
- Personal interview.
- Reference check.
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training.
Time Commitment: Minimum 1-year commitment is required, every or every other week on a Thursday or Friday for 1.5 to 3 hours in the late afternoon or evening.
Working Conditions: Home Visit Volunteers work in the neighbourhood of the route to which they’ve been assigned, mostly outdoors. You must have the ability to walk for extended periods of time in all kinds of weather.
As a CityKidz Home Visit Volunteer, you will play an important part in making a difference in so many children’s lives. You will have the opportunity to give back to your community and build relationships that will last a lifetime. You will also develop greater leadership abilities and gain skills and experience.