Are you a sales, PR, marketing or fundraising professional wanting to apply your skills in service to our community? If the answer is yes, Wellwood has a rewarding opportunity for you. As a volunteer member of Wellwood’s fundraising committee, you will join a team of others who enjoy engaging with Hamilton’s philanthropic and business community soliciting prizes and sponsorships for Wellwood’s annual fundraising events- particularly Wellwood’s Walk/Run/Wheel for Colorectal Cancer Awareness. We are looking for individuals with experience in business to business sales, not-for-profit sponsorship sales and experience working on capital campaigns, non-profit committees, projects or other groups. Our committee is not necessarily looking to add new events to generate funds, but rather, we are looking to get the most out of what we currently do. We hope you will help us make these even more successful by building new relationships with communities of people interested in supporting our work at Wellwood.
- Applying your PR, marketing or fundraising professional skills in service to your community.
- Engaging with Hamilton’s philanthropic and business community. (New relationships established throughout the city- more people learning about how Wellwood helps our community)
- Advocating for causes that you are personally passionate about.
- Feeling of satisfaction that you have used your hard earned skills to help people living with the life-altering effects of cancer.
Dates and Times
• Two days per year for events ( a Saturday and a Sunday )
• The time needed to work between meetings reaching out to your contacts, cultivating sponsorship support, facilitating financial investments in our work