INKspire is a non-profit organization that strives to empower youth voices by providing a curated web platform where young people can share their ideas and perspectives on various relevant and contemporary issues across Canada and around the world.
As a front-end developer, you will be working closely with our technical co-founder and visual designer, in improving INKspire's web presence and platform! If you're interested in working with the latest technology in coding, this might be the experience you're just looking for!
- Work on https://inkspire.org/
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Integrate data from Firebase
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Work closely with the Design Team to translate design elements and themes into a website layout / user interface by using standard HTML5/CSS3 practices
- Time commitment: 5 to 10 hours/week, working remote
- Eager to implement new web-based ideas
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- A solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Experience in responsive web design
- Experience with Angular.js and Firebase
- Experience with Gulp / Grunt, Jade, Bower, Typescript, Stylus / SASS / LESS (asset)
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator (asset)
- Have worked in a non-profit setting (asset)
- Passionate about community development and youth leadership
- Have excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Possess some serious web savvy!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit inkspire.org/get-involved/ and complete the Front-End Developer application form.
References provided upon request.