The Friends of Newcomers initiative has been created for newcomers who would like to be matched with a volunteer friend/host through Wesley Urban Ministries for social support and community connection. Wesley is recruiting volunteers from the community who would like be matched to newcomers in order to help them feel supported. This initiative aims to provide further social support for newcomers so that they feel a sense of inclusion and connection within their community.
- Volunteers will be provided a mandatory training and orientation.
- Volunteers can be matched with a single client, or a family - depending on preference
- Families can volunteer together in this initiative
- Meeting new people
- Making friends with a family
- Culture sharing opportunity