As a Good Food Centre, Welcome Inn has lots of creative opportunities to engage people around food.
We love making healthy food, eating it together and learning how to do this in fun, affordable ways.
We have several different volunteer positions that we are looking to fill:
- Preparing & serving a light lunch to food bank volunteers. This position also involves being willing to cover volunteer food bank roles in order to give folks a chance to have a break. Monday, Wed., Friday. 11:30 - 1:00.
- Preparing easy recipes and serving the food to food bank participants. Wed. 10 - 2
- Assisting staff with food shopping and bulk cooking for various Welcome Inn Programs. - Monday's. 10 - 2
- Making desserts for our Seniors lunch program. Monday 1-3.
- Assisting middle-aged men to learn how to cook. Flexible.
This is a great way to encourage people to think about healthy eating and lifestyle choice, while teaching the skills to do this.
Welcome Inn is a vibrant, diverse community that loves to welcome people in. You will meet lots of interesting people, and we are willing to bet you will feel at home very quickly with a whole group of new friends.
A great way to gain life and work skills.
An excellent resume builder.
A meaningful way to contribute to community life.
Dates and Times
See preferred days and times with the volunteer role descriptions.