Do you have a passion to work with children aged 3 to 16? Looking to expand your skills, gain valuable experience, and impact a child’s future? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a First Aid Attendant you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you encourage big dreams for children aged 3 to 16. This role is key to caring for children and/or volunteers if they are hurt or sick.
- Give professional care to children and volunteers needing first aid attention.
- To show love and concern for the children in need of first aid attention.
- To complete First Aid Incident Reports for any children/volunteer whom you have given care to.
- Current certification in First Aid or CPR- level C.
- Responsible and a good role model.
- Able to follow all CityKidz policies and procedures.
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation.
- Personal interview.
- Reference check.
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training.
Time Commitment: Minimum 1 year commitment is required, every or every other Saturday from March to June and from September to December.
Working Conditions: First Aid Attendants work out of the CityKidz Playhouse Theatre.
As a CityKidz First Aid Attendant, you will play an important part in making a difference in so many children’s lives. You will have the opportunity to give back to your community and build relationships that will last a lifetime. You will also develop greater leadership abilities and gain skills and experience. Give care to children and volunteers and make their experience at CityKidz safe.