You will be asked to assist in running various events, craft, food, and drink sales that are targeted for the children and youth of the community.
The Gourley Park Community Association runs three events during the year;
a) The annual Pumpkinfest in the Park ,(October 25th, from 12pm to 2pm - volunteers required from 10.30am - 3pm)
b) The Winterfest in the Park, (February, 2016 from 12pm - 2pm - volunteers required from 10.30am - 3pm)
c) The hugely successful Easter Egg Hunt full of many activities.(Friday, April 3rd, from 12pm to 2pm - volunteers needed from
9.30am - 3pm). We require 50 to 60 volunteers for the number of people attending. One of the tasks you will be asked to complete is to
hand out approximately 1300 "loot" bags to children.
PumpkinFest and Winterfest are much more low key with approximately 20 volunteers required. Any assistance is very appreciated. Please volunteer.
The target market is families from Hamilton and the vicinity that have children aged two to 14 years old.
Most volunteers have direct interaction with the parents, and children attending the events.
- Working in the outdoors in the fresh air
- Working and interacting with children, youth, and their parents in our community.
- Only three events per year
- You will receive free food and drinks
- A great networking opportunity through one of the most active park associations in Ward 8
- High School students can receive credit towards their graduation