The Hamilton Halton Brant Regional Tourism Association (The Heart of Ontario) and The Cotton Factory are seeking energetic, highly motivated, customer service-oriented volunteers to support demonstrations, workshops, talks, live music and concerts at the Cotton Factory, 270 Sherman Ave. N. for this amazing 5-week exhibition.
The Quilt of Belonging is a 120 foot textile art project comprised of 263 blocks each created by individuals to recognize Canada’s diversity. The exhibition Peace by Piece: Stitching Together Canadian Stories will run from July 10 to August 16, 2017.
To Learn more about the Canada 150 events in Hamilton, Halton and Brant, visit http://theheartofontario.com/canada-150
Volunteers will support our Heart of Ontario staff in key areas such as:
- Event Ambassadors creating a welcoming environment, greeting guests, answering general questions, line management and crowd control, supporting guests with disabilities and assisting with accessibility, directing guests as needed
- Event Assistants handling set up and tear down operations for demonstrations, workshops, talks, live music and concerts. Other duties may include event assistance, admission, parking
- Quilt Exhibit Guides providing interpretation and answering questions specific to The Quilt of Belonging as well as supporting gift shop operations.
What We’re Looking For:
Fun, friendly, and outgoing people with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
12+ years old (under the age of 18 you will need signed Minor Consent by parent or guardian)
Available to support an average minimum of 3 shifts per week over the 5 week period
Available for volunteer orientation and additional training as necessary
Access to an email address, as this will be the primary means of scheduling and communication
How do I sign up?
- Part of the team for this unique and authentic Canadian Experience!
- Completion of community involvement hours and letter of reference for future employment
- Special access to selected ‘Quilt of Belonging’ programs and events
- Free, commemorative volunteer t-shirt
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation night at the Cotton Factory
- Snacks and beverages at each shift
- Good hands-on experience in the arts and events
- You get to meet, network & socialize with artists, curators, event organizers, and other like-minded volunteers
- Opportunity to continue to volunteer with Heart of Ontario for year-round engagement activities such as Supercrawl and Food and Drink Fest.
Dates and Times
Available to support an average minimum of 3 shifts per week over the 5 week period.
Monday to Wednesday - 2 shift times available:
* 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 pm
* 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Thursday to Saturday - 3 shift times available:
* 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
* 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
* 6:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday - 1 shift time available:
* 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Volunteer Training date: July 6 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.