Purpose of Position:
English Conversation Circle provides a forum where newcomers to Canada can gather in a safe and supportive environment in order to practice their English Language speaking skills.
- facilitate an ESL Conversation Circle on a weekly basis - Wednesdays 6-7:30 pm
- Research/prepare weekly conversation subjects,
- Create an environment of warmth and inclusion,
- Treat all others with dignity and politeness,
- Provide an inclusive and safe environment to all
- Volunteers are valued members of the YMCA Volunteer team,
- Coverage under YMCA’s comprehensive general and liability insurance,
- Reference letter upon request,
- Reimbursement of previously approved expenses (i.e. program supplies)
- Increased knowledge of persons from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
Dates and Times
The ECC will run in the Fall of 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays.