At the CILC we have a collection of over 5,000 items from 100 different countries that we use to create hands on educational programs for school age children and the community. Through these programs we teach attitudes of respect for all people, cultures, and our common environment. We are currently undergoing a major cataloguing project; creating artefact descriptions and transferring all paper records to a computer database system. As assistant you will aid the collections manager in all steps of this process. This includes:
- Describing, measuring, and inventorying artefacts accurately and consistently and entering that information into the database system
- Photographing artefacts according to museum standards - don't worry, training will be provided
- Providing administrative support (ex. filing, data entry) to help in the maintenance of the collections database and day-to-day office management
- Database management, inputing, editing, and uploading artefact information into the computer database (Past Perfect) system
- Researching, history, use, and cultural importance of artefacts
Dates and Times
Aside from training, the schedule is flexible within operating hours of Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.