- Report to tower lobby area to meet therapeutic recreationist.
- Get information and assist therapeutic recreationist accordingly.
- As directed, proceed to floors to porter residents.
- Porter residents to front lobby according to participation list. Some may require 1:1 support at that point to prevent wandering (secured Unit residents).
- When given directions, assist residents outside to loading area.
- Assist residents with boarding and to their seats. Remain at the foot of the bus entrance while loading. After all residents are loaded, check and assist with seat belts.
- Gather supplies from food services if directed to do so.
- Load extra wheelchairs, tables, chairs, etc. as necessary.
- Sit with assigned residents during bus ride.
- Assist with disembarking and returning walking aids to residents.
- Do no allow residents to proceed off of bus unescorted.
- Assist residents from disembarking area to special events location. Assist one resident at a time paying special attention to steps, uneven ground, and any other dangers.
- Help carry food to site.
- Socialize residents during all phrases off the trip.
- Help health care aid to assist with resident to washroom if necessary. Be sure to inform programmer if you are leaving the group.
- Assist with table set-up when necessary and serving of residents.
- Assist with clean-up.
- Assist residents back to boarding area and onto the bus on an individual basis as per loading procedure.
- Load supplies and walking aids as directed.
- Report any choking incidents, falls, unusual behaviours, etc. to programmer at once.
- Closely supervise and stay with all residents to whom you have been assigned.
- If a resident becomes lost or injured in your care, report to programmer at once and follow directions.
- Upon returning to the Villa, follow disembarking procedures and porter assigned residents to their floor areas.
- Dress appropriately as per outing dictates.
- Must be registered with Villa volunteer services.
- Must wear ID badge while on duty.
Dates and Times
When scheduled by Therapeutic Recreationist(s). Hours are varied.