Do you have a passion to work with children aged 3 to 15? Looking to expand your skills, gain valuable experience, and impact the future of Hamilton? Then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a Bus Logistics Support Member, you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you ensure safety surrounding CityKidz Saturdays. This role is key to ensuring logistics of the day run smoothly specifically with children unloading and loading, and directing traffic so buses can park or leave safely.
- To ensure that safety of all children at CityKidz.
- To assist in the transporting of items from the work room to the buses.
- To ensure that distributed food/gift items are properly placed on the buses
- Direct traffic when parking or loading/unloading buses.
- To be a positive and encouraging role model in speech and action towards other community and neighbouring members.
- At all times wear a Yellow Traffic Vest for CityKidz volunteers and children to easily identify you.
- Passion for children.
- High level of alertness and can pay attention to details.
- Positive attitude.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must be physically able to walk for long periods.
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation.
- Personal interview.
- Reference check.
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Role specific training.
Time Commitment: From September to December and from March to June (Saturdays for 4 to 8 hours)
Working Conditions: The Bus Logistics Team Member works either out of the CityKidz Volunteer Centre, or CityKidz Playhouse Theatre. Indoors and outdoors. You must have ability to access the buses and climb and descend stairs easily. You must be able to lift approximately 20 kilograms or 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be a part of making a difference in so many children’s lives.
- Ensure the safety of volunteers and children.
- Gain greater leadership experience.