Do you have a passion to work with children aged 3-16? Looking to give back to your community and impact the future of a children’s life?
CityKidz is a dynamic faith-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Through our programs we instill positive values and morals into the lives of children, help build a solid foundation for their future and inspire each child to make positive life choices and to choose to “do what’s right.” Everything we do is guided by our Faith, Hope and Love.
As a CityKidz Bus Driver, you will be part of an energetic, and highly rewarding team as you encourage big dreams for children aged 3-16. This role is essential to transporting the kids from their neighbourhoods to our programming. By picking up and dropping off each of our CityKidz children, free of charge, the CityKidz bus program breaks down one of the major barriers for children in our neighbourhoods.
- To ensure the safety of all children at CityKidz.
- Arrive for your scheduled shift on time.
- Complete required circle checks.
- Be a positive and encouraging role model in speech and action towards our children, volunteers, staff, community and neighbourhoods.
- Wear a Yellow Traffic Vest so that CityKidz Volunteers, children, and their parents can easily identify you.
- Work with the Captain and team you are assigned to.
- Report any mechanical issues that occur on the bus you are driving.
- Must have a valid B or C class license.
- Must be a conscientious and responsible driver.
- A passion for children of all ages
- First Aid Training (not mandatory, but a huge bonus)
All volunteers are required to complete the following:
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Personal interview
- Reference check
- Police check (renewed every three (3) years).
- Driver’s abstract
- Role specific training
Time Commitment: Minimum one-year commitment is required, every or every other Saturday (4 to 8 hours) from March to June and from September to December, and/or Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 6:40 p.m, then returning to the Youth Studio for 8:00 p.m. to drive until 9:45 p.m.
Working Conditions: Main locations are the CityKidz Volunteer Centre at 601 Burlington Street East in Hamilton and the CityKidz Playhouse Theatre at 177 Sherman Avenue North in Hamilton. Child pickups and drop offs occur throughout the city of Hamilton. You must be able to work in all weather conditions.
As a CityKidz Bus Driver, you will play an important part in making a difference in so many children’s lives. You will help to ensure the safety of our children, volunteers, and community. You will build relationships with the children of CityKidz and be a positive role model in their lives. You will also gain driving and leadership experience.