Mission Statement: With international resources and input from the community and global experts, we develop dynamic hands on programmes which encourage attitudes of respect for all people and for our common environment.
The CILC invites interested community members to join its governing Board of Directors. We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis, the results of which will be confirmed at our Annual General Meeting. Not-for-profit experience or transferable skills in legal, financial, P.R. and fundraising would be an asset.
Expectations of CILC Board Members
- Attend Board information session
- Attend and be prepared for monthly Board meetings
- Serve a 3 year term, renewable once
- Represent the organization at one community event per year
- Attend and participate in Annual General Meeting
- Be a member of the CILC in good standing
- Chair or be a member of a Board Committee
- Maintain a high standard of positive communication among Board Members and the public
CILC Board Responsibilities
- As a governing board, provide leadership and be accountable to other members of the Board, the organization, funders and the community
- Assist in the organization’s strategic plan and participate in ongoing monitoring of measurable outcomes
- Approve budgets and monitor financial performance
- Act in accordance to the by-laws, code of conduct, policies and procedures that apply to the Board.
- Work as a team member and support Board decisions; for example- fundraising
- Please contact the CILC for a questionnaire which is to be submitted to the Nominating Committee.
- Prospective candidates will be notified and interviewed.
- giving time to a not-for-profit organzation in order for the organization to continue to prosper in the community
- enhancement of board governance skills
- net-work with community