Change Your Life...and Someone Else’s
If you knew donating just 1.5 hours of the 168 you have available per week could change 10 kids lives forever, would you do it?
Here’s your opportunity: When you volunteer as a kids.now coach-mentor, you become a positive influence during a critical developmental period in a kid’s life. It’s a time when kids make choices that can change the course of their lives forever.
A major US study found that young people with mentors are:
• 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs and 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
• 52% less likely to skip school and more confident in their performance in school work
• Able to get along better with their families
Now here’s the best part: As a coach-mentor you’ll improve your life too! Research confirms that people gain a multitude of skills from volunteering, including enhanced interpersonal skills and improved ability to understand people, motivate others, and deal with difficult situations. In fact, kids.now coaches often confirm they apply the skills they developed through the program to their daily lives.
Convinced? Great! Here’s how you sign-up:
• Complete and submit the online application at kidsnowcanada.org/be-a-coach
• Pass a personal reference check and a police check
• Attend a personal interview with a kids.now program manager
For more information: Visit Coaches’ Corner at kidsnowcanada.org
or contact Jesikaah Premachandren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and Times
• Weekly 1.5 hour sessions for 12 weeks (fall or spring programs)
• Half-hour prep time each week for 12 weeks