- Make appointments
- Research construction/renovation companies and employers
- Call employers to promote skilled trades program
- Maintain excel spreadsheet with details of calls and contact information
- Learn about apprenticeships and skilled trades
- Accompany staff during workshops and presentations for assistance in set up and promotion
- Monitor twitter, Instagram and website job boards
The successful candidate should be polite, professional, flexible, able to deal with multiple tasks, relate well to clients and employers in the community.
The volunteer would have the opportunity to learn and practice - Job development skills, office administration, Understanding the hidden job market and learning about the skilled trades.